“While we recognize that STEM stands for “Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math,” we seek to expand our understanding of the definition beyond the acronym to include the set of knowledge, skills, and mindsets that all students and workers need to succeed in both middle- and high-skill jobs in the modern economy.”
– STEMconnector’s definition of STEM
State of STEM seeks to illustrate the current STEM landscape, including the organizations, systems, and forces that comprise and shape it in a comprehensive way that has not been done before.
The ASTRA State STEM & Innovation Report Cards are the single best source for understanding each state’s outstanding qualities and capacities. ASTRA’s “Innovation X-Ray” also helps inform policy debates with specific and the most current data about federal funding, local economies, and workforce development.
- Florida’s 2018 STEM & Innovation Report Card
- Florida’s Innovation X-RAY: Measuring Florida’s Top 20 Industries by Location Quotient for 2018-2028
- STEM Education in the U.S.: Where We Are and What We Can Do
- EDC (Education Development Center): What Parents Talk About When They Talk About Learning
What is STEM?